Friday, 1 January 2010

2009 Reflections

Decided it was time to do the annaul reflection on the past year, inspired by the questions on Slave Isabelle's blog

1. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any last year and see previous entry for this years hopes and wishes.

2. Did anyone close to you give birth this year?
No-one in the family or friends but Michelle at work had the adorable Sophie in June.

3. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, my mum.



4. What would you like to have in the next year that you lacked this year?
Obvious answer is 'mum' but that cannot happen, so I think less illness would be a good thing. I have had so many infections this year it is scary.

5. What date from this year will remain etched upon your memory and why?
March 22nd, the day mum died. Doesn't help that this was Mothers Day.

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Not entirely falling apart when mum died, I didn't revert to either drink or my old eating habits even when the depression kicked in. I was also pleased at how my tattoo for mum turned out.



7. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Too much, yes..... I am still suffering with a chest, ear and nose infection that I have had for 11 weeks now.

8. What song will always remind you of this year?
No specific song but loving Muse and Paramore.

9. Compared to this time last year are you: happier or sadder? Richer or poorer? Thinner or fatter?
Happier in myself, Sadder cos mum isn't here. Poorer as there is only my money coming in so ALL the bills are mine but a bit richer too as less outgoings without Tray. Thinner certainly, only by 8lbs but considering everything that has gone off I am quite proud of it.

10. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I had spent more time with mum because it is something I can never do again.

11. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time on WoW, it is only a game.

12. Did you fall in love this year?
Several times yes... I met and fell for the lovely Al and Jo, true it didn't last but we are still friends and I value that immensely.



I have also discovered that I am in love with one of my best friends... People were telling us for weeks that we were dating long before we admitted it to ourselves but I am glad that it happened.

13. What was your favourite TV program for the year?
Lie to Me is definitely a new favourite. I adore Tim Roth in it....

14. What was the best book you read this year?
The Twilight Series are a new MUST HAVE item on my bookshelves.

15. What was your favourite film of the year?
Twilight and New Moon, but only so I can drool over Jacob.... Even if he is only 17 :S



16. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned for this year?
Spend as much time as possible with the important people in your life, cos when they are gone you can't do it anymore.

17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I can't say I hate anyone as that is such a strong emotion but I do detest Marilyn and Graham at work. They are not worth the energy it takes to hate them.

18. What did you want and get?
To go to Woolacombe, even when we went to scatter mums ashes it was nice to be home again.

19.What did you want and not get?
For it all to be a nightmare and to be able to wake up.

20.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not to be made redundant.

21. How would you describe your personal fashion concept?
Getting better :P I used to just wear big bags but this year I have started to learn that figure fitting clothes are not a bad thing and actually hide more than some of the big bags I have worn in the past.

22. What kept you sane?
Who said I was sane!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment